Jeff publishes widely on personal relationships. Check out his other areas of interest:
See a recent CV of Jeff’s work
Contact Jeff to request any article or conference paper.
What can you know about someone from his or her Facebook page? What can’t you know? What kind of image do people project on SNS?
• Can strangers know your personality from your Facebook page? (see article)
• Here is a published chapter summarizing it all (see article)
• How do honest people come across on Facebook? (see article)
• What funny on Facebook (see article)
• Can Facebook make your break up worse?
Courtship and Flirting
Here are the published research articles about flirting styles, aggressive pick-up strategies, and the free book chapter on the friend zone.
• Get the exclusive Friend Zone chapter from The Five Flirting Styles here
• Here is the original flirting styles article (see article)
• Here is Jeff and Melanie's work on aggressive pick up strategies (see article)
• Can people tell when you are flirting? Probably not. (see article)
• What does each flirting style look like in person? Get the nonverbal flirting styles article here
• Friendly? Flirty? Seductive? What message does it send? (see article)
• Are sensitive people better at picking up on flirting? Nope! (see article)
What do people want in an ideal friend? What is the difference between men and women in what they think their friends should be?
• Your circle of friends
• Do your friends text too much? (see article)
• Men and women want different types of friends (see article)
• You can't always get what you want from your friends (see article)
• Here are the big six (see article)
What are the current trends in online dating? What types of people lie when they create their online dating profile?
• Listen to Jeff be interviewed about who lies the most on online profiles and why here
• Here is Jeff’s article on online deception (see article)
• Jeff comments on current trends in online dating
• People who meet & marry through social networking sites are just as happy (see article)
Humor in Relationships
How does your sense of humor impact your relationship? Does it help to share a sense of humor, even for offensive jokes? It sure does.
• Listen to Jeff be interviewed about how your sense of humor could be an embarrassment to your partner here.
• Humor and embarrassment (see article)
• Even sharing a bad sense of humor helps (see article)
• Keeping humor light hearted is good for your marriage (see article)
• New research links joking and laughing with flirting (see article)